I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with audio during your session. Here are a few things to try:
First see if Chrome or Edge might be blocking audio in one of these two ways:
- Be sure there are no updates for your system (drivers) and that you are running the latest version of Chrome or MS Edge for your research study.
- Ensure that the computer isn’t muted.
- Try adjusting the volume up and down and making sure no external mute buttons are active.
- If you are using the internal speakers, test with a set of headphones.
- If using headphones, try the internal speakers (headphones are recommended during testing if possible!)
- If using external speakers, adjust the volume control (most external speakers have their own volume controls as well)
- If using external speakers, try a different USB port.
- Try playing a song.
- Additional Chrome/Edge settings:
Mic and Cam defaults can be accessed in a number of ways in Chrome and Edge, but the easiest is to paste the following links into your URL bar:
- Restart the computer.
On Macs running Mojave (10.14.x) or above, please double check apps that ask permission for camera and mic in the System Preferences, under the Security/Privacy tab:
On a PC and can't select your wireless headset in Validately?
You may need to change the default sound source in your PC's settings:
Settings > System > Sound (in Windows) and change the default audio output source to your headphones you'd like to use. You should now see this in the session as you join!
Keywords: sound, microphone, nosound, audio, mic, blocked