Set yourself and your testers up for success during your study sessions!
Everyone must be on the latest version of Google Chrome or MS Edge to complete study sessions.
If testing on desktop, the extension for Google Chrome can be downloaded ahead of time if desired (but may be prompted to install the extension if it isn't already there at the time the session begins)
• Testers and moderators can complete this system check to ensure that everything is ready before their scheduled session time:
• When conducting moderated studies, please do so from the strongest/most stable network connection possible. If at all possible, ethernet connections offer the most reliable experience, as this provides a hardwired, physical connection that does not fluctuate as much as a wireless connection can.
• Remember that a lot of bandwidth is required, as you are using audio, video, and screensharing all at once.
• Speed is one part of this equation, and can be tested with https://bandwidthplace.com
• Sound and camera problems are often resolved with the steps listed in this article.
• Your test participants will join with the test link URL that you provide. Here is an overview of the process participants complete.