1: Mobile Studies: If you want to use an Invision link on a mobile study on Validately, make sure to walk through the prototype in the browser native to the device (i.e. Safari for iOS and Chrome for Android or desktop). Take the public share link (see below how to generate that link), load it up on a mobile device, iPhone/iOS or Android doesn't matter. Copy the URL on your mobile device.
InVision links for mobile devices will look like this:
(*must have an /m/share in the middle)
2. New Task on New URL: If you want to start a task on a new url in Validately, make sure to always use the public share url given to you in Invision. Do not use any urls copied directly from the browser url.
3. Success URLs: If you want to use the success URL option in Validately, make sure to walk through the prototype in the browser native to the device (i.e. Safari for iOS and Chrome for Android or desktop). Take the public share link (see below how to generate that link), load it up on a mobile device, iPhone/iOS or Android doesn't matter. Navigate to the screen which you consider the success screen. Finally copy the URL on your mobile device.
Public Share Links:
To create a URL share or public share link for your prototype:
- Navigate to your InVision dashboard and open the prototype you'd like to share.
- Click the green Share button at the top right of your prototype dashboard.
- Click public share link at the bottom of the modal.
The link should now be copied to your clipboard and ready for sharing.
People who receive your public share link only have the ability to view, interact (click through), and leave comments on prototypes via that share link and cannot otherwise see the prototype.
They cannot leave comments via the mobile app or via web view from their mobile device at this time.
You also have the option to first adjust default settings for your public share link by clicking Link Settings at the bottom of the modal.
InVision Studio Public Share Links:
To share a Studio prototype with someone outside of your InVision Enterprise team:
- Open the published Studio prototype in InVision.
- At the top right of the page, click the Share button.
- In the Share dialog, click Get public link.
- Click Copy link.
*Please ensure that any Hotspots are generated directly in Invision (as opposed to another source, such as Sketch). This should allow them to be interactive when testing.