Things happen, babies cry, doorbells ring, chaos erupts in your otherwise blissful household: sometimes you have to quit in the middle of your test.
While we would rather that you finish the test to be sure you get paid for your time and effort, we understand that sometimes you just can't.
If you are on a desktop device
To quit, you'll simply "x" out of the Google Chrome tab that has the Validately recorder. You will also need to click on the Validately recorder icon (the little red button shows that it's recording), and it will ask if you'd like to stop. These steps will stop the session, disconnect the screen recording, and terminate the testing.
If you are on a mobile device
You can force quit the app, which will disconnect you from the recording and will terminate the testing.
- Launch the recent applications menu.
- Find the application(s) you want to close on the list by scrolling up from the bottom.
- Tap and hold on the application and swipe it to the right.
- On an iPhone X or later, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom-left corner of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps.
- Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.
- Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.